Be your own hero!

 


   I've always been crazy obsessed with Iron Man. I don't know if its because of Robert Downey Jr. or the whole Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist idea. Out of every other Marvel superhero, Iron Man stood out the most to me. I loved how he presented himself. He wasn't much of a low key superhero but a rather pompous character. I have extracted that very trait on to myself. Yes, I am conceited. 

  I saw myself as Pepper Potts - the damsel in distress. Constantly hoping that one day my Iron Man would come swooping into my life and save my sorry ass. Over the span of approximately 3 years, that was all that I was doing, waiting. I grew far too dependent on people who couldn't look after themselves. I decided to turn the tables.

  If you don't know me already, I love the whole Miss Independent scene. I don't like to be held down or stopped or controlled. I know this sounds a little like Hulk on the lose but have no fear, I know my do's and don't's. 

  Times may get rough and tough in life and you'll end up wanting a shoulder to cry on. Before you do expect that shoulder, learn to NOT expect that shoulder? I know you must be thinking..

WAAAT?! 

  That's the cold hard truth. There may be people who say "I'll be there for you no matter what". It sounds reassuring, for sure. Unfortunately, things don't work like that. It takes a whole load of independence to mend yourself. That's how you gain strength. 

  Iron Man worked night and day modifying his suit to perfectify (I like dis word) it. That's just it! You have to trace back all your imperfections, modify them and improve them. If Tony Stark depended on someone else to design the electromagnet on his chest, do you think he would have even survived? (I sound like a geek right now) 

  The conclusion is, it's time to be your own hero. Don't depend on someone to save you. As they always say, expectation leads to disappointment. The people around you can only do so much but it is you, yes you, who can do anything and everything! Set your mind to it and honey boo boo, you are on your way to succeeding. 

  For me? I'm my own hero. I'm the Iron Girl of my era and I'd rather rescue myself. 

  And thank you Gim G for this photoshop picture of me in an Iron Man suit, I'm looking rather ravishing, don't you agree? I love it! 

Signing off, 
Thilamisu

Comments

Popular Posts