Adventure: Laman Seni 7 #lorongbelakang


  Over the weekend, a sleepover was commenced at Hareen's. A 3 days 2 nights stay. A lot of people often wonder what do girls actually do during a sleepover? Well... they sleep. No shit. There's no hair braiding or pillow fights. Everyone knocked out like dominoes, one by one. I ended up watching Breaking Dawn Part II at 4 a.m. Curse my American body clock! 

  We had an itinerary to go by. It has always been on our bucket list to visit the Laman Seni 7 in Shah Alam. What is Laman Seni 7? It's direct translation from Bahasa Melayu is Art Compound 7. Pretty self-explanatory. 

  Here in Malaysia, shop lots tend to abandon their back lanes. It becomes a sight for rubbish dumping. A Back Lane Beautification Program is an initiative that the MBSA came up with to modify the back alleys, especially commercial areas, to improve the safety, cleanliness and beauty of the place. It has become an attraction to the locals and tourists. It's not everyday we visit an art gallery to engross ourselves in the fine artistry. Nowadays modern art is stereotyped as vandalism. Graffiti is taboo in most parts of the world. However, artists like Banksy has taken the world by surprise. Personally, I do believe youngsters should be given an opportunity to display their masterpiece to the public eye. The initiative that I have mentioned definitely encourages that. *Thumbs up



  There were different categories of arts displayed in Laman Seni 7. Some of which were the 3D Painting, 3D Installation, Street Furniture and Painting on Site. All of the murals were chosen through a competition. The winners were given the honor to showcase their creation. More info below:

Address: Jalan Plumbum R7/R, Seksyen 7, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor. 



  I was totally obsessed with this piece by #CLOAKWORK. Who could ever pass out on rainbow ice creams?! Right? Right? Right? Warning: It's a challenge to pose here because people will stare. 

  Anywhoos here are some lovely shots of my best friends.
A gentle remind that smoking is harmful
Model: Hareen
@hareender on Instagram
@vampiresfavourite_sham on Instagram
Model: Sham
@nurveyy on Instagram
Model: Syahriah

Too blessed to be stressed
Outfit Of the Day
  We ladies definitely enjoyed ourselves. We took a lot of pictures and spent quality time together. As the day slowly came to an end we made our way to One City Sky park. More info below: 

Address: Jalan USJ 25/1,Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia,
  • 47640 Puchong.


  I have never been afraid of heights (at least that's what I tell myself). One City Skypark is 10 floors high and is not recommended for the faint-hearted or chickens. When we reached the rooftop, Sham welcomed us on the glass by stomping. Not my cup of tea. I wish I could have taken more pictures of One City Skypark. Unfortunately, my battery died on me and I forgot my monopod. This calls for another visit to One City to get a full glimpse (and more pictures!) 


Signing off,
Thilamisu

Comments

Popular Posts