You Look Young

  Ever since I got here, all that I've been hearing is You don't look 19. You look much younger. You look 14. I know people would take it as a compliment but really? 14!? I am flattered but I am offended at the same time. It's nice looking youthful. Who knew a compliment could be offending?

  Women of today promote self-love, no make up and letting your hair down. Yeah, I can't do that without looking like a bloody pre-teen who hasn't hit puberty yet. It's FRUSTRATING

  It's not easy taking time to cake yourself up and make yourself look presentable every day for the next 365 days. I didn't see this coming. I never knew I would feel so insecure looking young. Curse my Asian genes! 

  I'm trying to look at this on the bright side and it's actually working! As long as I remain the fabulous and glamorous Thila Camillo, I ain't complainin'. & also my trusty friend, make up. I like to view make up as a beauty enhancer. Nevertheless, we are all beautiful in our naked skin. 

  I think I have the upper hand over here.On some days, I can choose to cheat my age to get free stuff and on other days I can rock some leather and look smokin'. Yes, I'm trying to make myself feel better. 

  Funny story, I went for tuition once and it's the usual bun, like not even a messy bun, it's a bloody perfect bun and I wore glasses and a t-shirt. Everyone knew me as Thila. One day, I had chapped lips and so I used this lip balm that had a pinkish tint to it and I let my hair down. What happened next? A tuition mate was looking for me when I was clearly in front of him. Should I even take that as a compliment? Good Lord I know I look like an unfried tempeh but did he have to? Everyone had a good chuckle. 

  My guesses are if you are not happy with yourself, you will start believe that everyone is not happy with you. Self acceptance is key. God did not create you and call you a masterpiece only to have you cursing at His creation. 

  There are gonna be meanies who will pick on you and call you names and pull you down. Let's face it, they can't be you. They can try but they will fail. Take insults as compliments and strut it like you mean it. 

Signing off, 
Thilamisu

Comments

  1. As people grow old, several changes take place in their body and skin. It can be difficult for a person to cope with these changes. One's body not only becomes weak and prone to ailments but also loses its attractiveness and appeal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts