Love her while you still can.

   She's everyone's first love. Dosen't matter if you're a girl or boy. She has been with you all her life, Only God decides when to take her in. She's someone we call 'mummy'. Months passed and my monthly depression sets in. No, Its no mood swings due to periods & blah blah blah.. I get so jealous at the sight of my friends being able to open up with their mom's. They can comfort me however they want but nothing can replace how much I miss my mum.
  
   Here's a short history;
Im adopted. My mom is actually my birth dad's sister. Hence, the reason I dont really look like my dad. My birth mom passed away when I was really young. I never saw how she looked like. Everytime I look at my reflection in the mirror, I ask myself do I look like her? What was she like? Why was she taken away from me at a young age? Now that Im 15, those questions never got answered. That never let me down. God had the most greatest masterplan for me. He found me a family. There might be imperfections but Im the happiest girl in the world.

  I dont mind not having a great big house with 5 grand cars. All I need is a roof above my head, A car of any size to replace my feet and a family who never breaks up like couples do. God prepared a list of things I needed. A father with the most patient heart. One who dosen't beat, dosen't yell but supports and corrects my mistake. A brother whose my friend, a young silly boy who makes the lamest jokes worth laughing at. And finally a mom. A mom where heaven is at her feet. Im just like a mini me of her.

  Oprah could be people's idol but not to me. My mom is the most strongest woman I know. She's like a worrior with blood as tears still standing strong no matter how much pain pushes her down to the ground. Yeah, she may be over-protective and unusually loud aren't all mom's like that? I as a female, in the future I realise I'll become a mom but I could never be a mom like my own. I wish somehow I got the guts to tell how i really feel towards her. Its like a girl telling her crush how much she adores him but in this case, its not rejection that I have to worry about. Its how she would respond. A mother's tears is like Niagara Falls. With such power can drown someone out their own guilt.

  There are times, as a teen, we just want to yell out things we dont intend to. Some of us has tongue slips once in a while. I wanna apologize to my mom. She has been my all and all I was is a pain in the butt. I understand its her duty to bring up a woman in me. I love her. She may not know that, I may not say it but She's my base, my support to rise like the concrete jungle in New York. Though she's on the other side of the world, She's the closest to me in the heart. If only I could cross boundries. Define gravity If I could. Just to tell her how much I do care.
 

  Mum, I love you. One day, I wanna be a woman just like you. Mrs Independant.

thilaCamillo


Comments

Popular Posts