Olivia's Oath


        He sat next to me. Breathing the air that I breathed in. It all felt like a vivid dream. Inches close to him, feeling the heat of his beautiful tanned skin. The term, tall, dark and handsome fit the whole application. He stood tall, he walked with swag, he smiled with a spark. All the little things I noticed, all the little things I've grown to love. 

     Things we're quiet at first. No hand action, no voice spoken. I began to worry, was I being a bore ? The movie didn't really grab my attention. The blood in my head circulated rushingly. Thoughts on how to make a good first impression. My body moved towards him. My movements were all stiff and full with reluctance. I waited for a sign, something. That's when his hand popped out with the playful actions of his fingers. 

     I can't help but smile and the cute way he invitingly held my hand. Our hands didn't quite got together at the beginning which made me let out a giggle too faint for anyone to hear. After a few tries, my hands were right where they belonged. Filling the gaps of his. His hands were the right amount of rough a man should have.He was strong. A jock I must say. It assured me he was there to protect me. He held my hands securely. I stole glances when he wasn't looking. Guess what I saw ?

    My best friend. My love. My everything. He complains about his flaws, He doesn't believe me when I compliment him. Right then and there, I could prove him wrong. He had no flaws, at least not to my eyes.The warmth of his hands could read the warmth of his love. His a manja baby, so I'm pretty sure he had a huge heart to match his height. I get the best advantage when it comes to tall people. Its when you hug them, you can hear their heartbeat better than those vampires on twilight.  


    What I saw and he didnt was that...

   ; He had the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. When I look, I looked away. I could drown just staring deeply into them. He took off his glasses and ask me what colour were his eyes. My voice broke off into silence. It was like I was on mute. I didn't give him a proper answer but I can say his eyes were off deep hazel brown, his pupils were tiny to match. Those are the exact set of eyes to make a girl like me fall on her knees. 

   His hair was a messy sort. Nothing too Italian soaked up in gel. It was like those TV ads where the guy swooshes his hair and it stays at the right spot. While we spoke, my hair flinched touching his hair, I was so close. Close enough to give a peck on his cheek. Nevertheless, I remain that shy type. Nothing wild.

   His voice was like a drug. Better than marijuana. All this while, it was all on the phone. His voice was like chocolate. Sweet and easily melt-able. Almost edible, in a way. He whispered the most tacky things in my ear but those were the tacky things that I'd love to hear from him, the right things, the right moment. I wished I had something to say, but how was I to do so ? My heart rate was of a girl watching a horror movie. If he was beside me this moment, I'd say;

   Thank you. For stepping foot into my life. For testing the waters to see if it was warm enough to get in. Thank you for having to put up with my daily dilemma. I don't see why anyone would say no to you. Heck, multiple girls are chasing after you. Still, you listened to your heart. Maybe to some, you're not enough of a satisfaction but to me, you're an overdose of satisfaction. Before you say forever, note that, we're still young and all I ask is for you to love me day by day till we reach forever. I love you. I love you more than I could promise. More than I could say. 

   I don't care what others say. Its my lifes decision. I was born to be me, and not to take instruction from others. Love is unpredictable. If you fall, there is no turning back. I'm putting my trust in his hands and I pray, I pray very hard it lasts. I'm sorry for all the wrong doings I've done. All the hurtful words that pierced you. All I can say is that, Mummy and Daddy would sigh with relief if you were to be their son in law, *wink wink


   You don't have to say anything. Once I've opened up, I'll leave you speechless and also I know that
    The smile on your face, lets me know that you need me. There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me. The touch of your hand says you'll catch me wherever I fall. You say it best when you say nothing at all.

                                                             THila Camillo

Comments

Popular Posts