Friendship

  Friendship is definitely a fundamental principle in every relationship. That includes, family, friends and spouses. It is essential in developing a type of bond with someone, be it your parents, siblings, classmate, girlfriend or boyfriend. Friendship in general IS a bond on its own. 





  Before learning how to walk, once must learn how to stand. Before having a relationship, one must be a friend. I have always adored getting to know people. People are like books, you don't know their content until you voluntarily decipher them. People always judge the covers and whoop! there goes an amazing book unread, an amazing person unknown. 

  It's like an exotic island, uncharted. 

  Personally, I shamelessly admit that I rely on my friends. I'm that psycho friend who gets all worked up when 1 out of everyone can't make it to an outing, I voice out when there are awkward pauses and discomfort amongst us and I try to keep everyone together. 

  I met a real set of incredible young ladies in this teenage life. I almost believed that we were those dolls that came in a complete set. Each one of us had a name, we had our strengths, we had our weaknesses. We were individually different. We came in different colours, different hair types and we spoke different languages. 

  I am ever so blessed to have met the 4 people who have made a grave impact on my youth. It's like somewhere, out there, a narrator is reading aloud every move we take and every decision we make. This chapter of my life has been very eventful. 

  I don't know if the 4 of you remember how we used to skip class a lot, how we used to laugh so hard you could feel a 6 pack coming on, how we used to edit our pictures with picnik.com, how we used to share our insecurities, how we used to cry to each other because we were having a terrible day, how we used to have heart to heart talks etc. I miss that. 

  It broke my heart so badly when the one person whom I thought wouldn't walk out on me, made the first move. I remember crying that very night (it wasn't just me who was in tears). I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to force someone to stay when all they really want is to leave. Why stay when you see tears strolling down my cheek only to leave when I'm filled with laughter? It kills me to see how you call someone else your best friend when I still count you as mine. I am happy that you are happy. You finally found someone who's no different from you. I pray that you will have a long lasting friendship and I hope that she's a better friend than I ever was. God bless you both. 

  I couldn't replace that missing puzzle. I didn't even try. I stuck to the 3 who chose to stay on. You guys have gotten yourselves a life, each. Slowly, you guys made friends, you ate with them, selfied with them, bonded with them and called them family. I'm not gonna lie but it stung. I was helpless. I am just glad that none of you had to go through what I went through this unfortunate year. I am truly gifted that I will be breathing when the year ends. 

  I'm trying my best to not leave everyone out but you can't expect me to not see your faces for the longest time. I barely have any human contact other than my dad and brother. I take every chance I have to see you guys individually, as pairs or everyone in complete. 

  I know this chapter of my life is going to end. Day by day, I see the abrupt changes in our conversations. We depend on Whatsapp. Unlike back in the day, we were forced to see each other 5 days a week. It's true how they say, out of sight, out of mind. 

  I just want to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone for how I have behaved for the past 1 year. Battling out with depression and dealing with toxic people definitely disrupted my efforts to be a best friend. I was so selfish to want all of you to myself, whereas I was never there for you at all. I don't know if I will ever be given a second chance to compensate for every wrong doing. 

  I just don't want to let anyone into my life if I am going to witness them walking out of my life. I don't know how close we would be in a year but I'll have you know, you guys were my real best friends. You were the ones who grew up with me and I don't think anything can compare to that. The next big thing would be marriage, I guess. 

  I will never look forward to the day you'll say your goodbyes because it's gonna hurt like a motherfucker. I just want you guys to remember that we existed in each others lives. Don't treat each other like we're dead. One fine day, one of us will be 6 feet underground and no amount of regret can bring us back to life. 

  I cried so hard tonight because I sensed that I'm losing each and everyone of you as 2014 runs out. 


Promise?


Love,
Thilakawathy Camillo  

  

Comments

Popular Posts