Needles, needles everywhere!


  I was supposed to post this yesterday but good Lord! My arms just didn't want to co-operate with me. If you didn't know already I went for a medical check-up yesterday for a medical report (no I'm not dying). I was pretty calm about it. My baby brother however, had a minor meltdown. I'm not a big fan of needles, needless to say. I mean who is? right? 

  There we were, sitting and waiting for our turn... I was a tad bit distracted by those Malaysian Airlines travel magazines. Flipping through every page and looking at beautifully captured pictures. It felt surreal. In my mind, I was thinking of my future (i'll save this grandmother story for another post). 

  I was thinking of the adventures that I would embark someday with someone I truly love. The little wanderlust in me was just jumping with joy! I'm that kind of person who gets very inspired, a little too fast. Pictures, videos, kitty posters, they are all able to inspire and motivate me, hands down. 

  No, I'm not a full time, gung ho, happy person. Is that hard to believe? I have my darkest days where I am so not myself. You would be thoroughly shocked to see my transition from happy, rainbow, unicorn Thila to melancholic, dark, Lord of the Underworld Thila. It...is...ugly...

  Okay syncing back to the topic, after being asked a number questions about my health, the needles made an appearance. I got a flu shot, a Meningitis vaccine and also an MMR shot (mumps, measles and rubella). Let me tell you about the gruesome experience. 




  Since me talking about jabs and scary shit like that, I thought I would put a rather cute picture to go along with this post! So, the flu shot wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it stung a little but I didn't feel a thing as they took it out. It brought back a lot of memories from when I was in school. 

  There used to be this big ass gangster of a classmate of mine who always acted tough but we all saw his weakness when the needles appeared. Boy did he cry like a big baby that 4 teachers had to hold him down! (If you're reading this Eugene, I'm sorry hahaha) 

  Moving on to the Meningitis shot, this was like damn. I posted on instavideo on my Instagram of me saying 'Wow, that hurt' because the sting lasted even longer, I can't even comprehend buuuuuutt.. I took it like a champ! 

  Last but not least was the MMR shot. Goodness gracious. This was different. For the first two shots, I had them on both my arms but this final one was jabbed on my ass. In my life, I've experienced 2 butt shots. This and another for food poisoning. This shit was so shocking I think I twitched and just laid there for a while. 

  I am not gonna lie and tell you it feels like an ant bite, shit hurts real bad. All you have to do, toughen yourself up and take it like a brave motherfucker. I'm glad I'm so done with this. My arms do ache quite a bit and I had a fever last night, just shivering under the covers.

  Now, I'm feeling so much better, a little weak but eh nothing Thila can't handle. This was more or less of how I handled it!

Signing off, 
Thilamisu

Comments

Popular Posts