Rant: To reply or to not reply.



  This is a bloody misconception. 

  In this modern era, social media has bloomed in various ways. Some may be a blessing and some may be a curse. Recently, social networks like Facebook, Whatsapp and etc. have introduced the 'Last Seen' or 'Seen' feature. I don't like the feature one bit.

  I believe it's it adds pressure to someone who doesn't want confrontation. 

  Recently, I have been getting a lot of backfire for not replying or ignoring messages. Personally, I believe it has gotten into people's heads. I feel it's not my obligation to reply. I don't mean to come off as rude or whatever but I don't need this form of pressure. I don't think anyone deserves this form of pressure. 

  I think some people need to take a chill pill. I have been in a relationship that lived off of 'last seens'. Don't you feel the absurdity in that sentence? Couples actually do fight when they see their significant other online at a certain time but doesn't respond. The person could be taking a dump and washing their ass in that given time for crying out loud! This behavior right here, it's called being UNREASONABLE. 

 Just because someone is online and doesn't reply you doesn't prove that they are arrogant. For all we know, they must have had a bad day and instead of throwing a tantrum and letting out their anger on anyone, they choose to behave and shut the fuck up. So please, be mindful. 

  The internet is where you can create the best friendships. If and only if you have the proper netiquette. 

  This did bring me down for 4 days. I saw the ugly in people. It's like this generation of seen,last seen, online but idle are possessive, angsty, impatient, rude, emotional, aggressive and yada yada yada. I'm being a hypocrite if I don't add myself into this group of people. However, there's always a way out of it. 

  For me, solely, I have taken this social media / social network aggression down a notch. They say ' control your anger before your anger controls you'. I think we, the tech savvy generation need therapy when it comes to issues like this. Social media in a way, has created us and destroyed us. Don't you see? Don't be afraid to open your eyes and go against the tides. 

  Sorry, not sorry for not replying. When I do intend to communicate, I want to be in my best attitude possible. I don't want to share negative vibes to those who don't deserve it, which is no one. If this isn't transparent enough for you or if you think this is an excuse then... God bless you.

Signing off, 
Thilamisu

Comments

Popular Posts