FAQ





1. Is your name really Thilamisu? 
       
    Obviously not. I was given the name Thilakawathy Camillo Subramuniam.


2. What is Camillo?

    Camillo is my family name from my mothers side. It's my legit middle name.


3. Why the name Thilamisu?

        Because when I was 15 I had an identity crisis & thought everyone else had a cool nicknames except me. It was a trial and error process. I used to call myself Thilaology, Thilastry, Thilatastic, Thilasaurus etc. One fine day, I went to Starbucks with my friends and they ordered a tiramisu dessert & I joked along on how it would be sweeter if it was named Thilamisu instead (it was a joke) & I eventually embraced it. Thilamisu represent.


4. What are you?

    I am half Filipino on my mothers side and half Indian on my fathers side. I look Filipino but sound totally Indian. 


5. What languages do you speak?

    I speak English at home. I am also fluent in Bahasa Melayu. Unfortunately, I have not mastered Tamil or Tagalog. Why? Because my parents didn't want me to be the Jack of all trades and Master of none. However, my understanding towards Tamil & Tagalog is quite strong.


6. How old are you?

    I am 19

7. Where are you from?

    Born in the Philippines and raised in Malaysia.


8. Righty or Lefty?

    Righty.


9. What are your hobbies?

    I am a social media addict. I am always on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.I run this blog.I occasionally make YouTube videos & covers on Soundcloud. Yes, I sing. Search: Thila Camillo


10. What is your ambition?
  
    I will be pursuing Communications. I have a dying desire to master in Anthropology. I envision myself as a lecturer in International Universities someday. I would love to give talks & also be an author of a book in the future. I want to raise more awareness on mental illness & mental health. In addition, I always dreamed of building a social media empire and expanding my music too. 


Comments

  1. t’s taken me almost a year to write this letter. It’s been quite a while since we’ve spoken. Things have changed a lot in the past couple years of knowing each other. If I had done it before, then it would not have been real, and you deserve something real. It wouldn’t have been real because right after you walked away, I had no nice, forgiving, or constructive things to say. Placing blame, excuses, begging, swearing, and pleading would not have helped anyone. I can admit that I hurt you. And for that I am sorry. Your reason for wanting to go your separate way was very valid. When we met I was not in a good and healthy place emotionally. I knew this, and yet I started something with you for selfish reasons. That was very very wrong. I was just so happy when I was with you, that I didn’t stop to think if I was emotionally able to give you what you wanted or needed. That was not fair, wise, or kind. You were always very good to me. You tried your hardest to make me feel beautiful, even when I was doing such ugly things. That takes a very secure, strong, and kind women. And you are all of these things. I am now a stronger, kinder, loving, and more confident man. But I am not perfect. As people I believe we are always working toward our better selves. I want to thank you for your kindness, love, support, and self sacrifice. I truly regret how badly I hurt you and your friends. I DO NOT regret the good times we shared. I think of them now and can smile. I hope that sometime you can do the same. It ended so badly, but I think everything ends badly in some way or else it wouldn’t end. Right now I am still working on me. I’m trying to become a better person, be a friend that a friend would like to have. I can understand how it felt for you to be kind and trusting of me, and to not have it returned. You deserved and still do deserve a respectful, supportive, understanding, and loyal man.I never thought I’d fall for someone based mostly on their personality. But I did with you, and now I never want to fall for someone without that feeling. You viewed things so differently, just like I did. I never really told you how much we had in common, We’ve known each other for a couple years and ever since that first day, I saw you on YouTube doing that silly prank call, I knew I’d fallen for you. Now you’ve been in and out of my life twice. I can only wonder if you’ll come back again. I can only pray and hope that my mistakes don’t stop you from meeting great people. I hope you are doing well, you truly deserve the best in life. You’re one of those few people worth never getting over, because you never gave a reason to not like you. Hopefully we’ll reconnect one day. But if not, enjoy your life and experience all the dreams you told me about.
    And I hope that you find that. I also hope that one day we can be friends, and if not that’s okay. I still miss you, and your smile, and that hand that I always hold when I drive around(until sweaty all), btw I still have all the things you made and gave me. Remember the Bangkok trip I made before things got out of hand? Remember me saying I bough you Beatles and an Owl? I still have all of them, it's bad luck to throw treasure . I miss being able to talk to you when it was late and I couldn’t sleep. I miss making you laugh, and knowing that I could bring happiness to you when you were down. And I hope that you are happy, and enjoying life and all it has to offer. Thank you for all the great times, the laughs, the late night, and all the memories. I will not forget them. Thank you for letting me be a part of your life. And thank you for being a part of mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts