New Life, New York

  I have always painted this picture of my future in my head. I made sure that the canvas of my imagination was not blank. I painted, I scribbled, jotted and blotted every single detail that I wanted for the forthcoming. 

  I didn't have to believe in it, I just wanted it to exist.

  I could foresee what I yearned for in a year. It's unimaginable what a year can do. It just takes one day at a time. I have always been Steven Spielberg ambitious. I do not settle for mediocrity. So, I am going to let you in on a trailer of my 2015.


  So far, day 9 of 365 has been very fair to me. I have acquired nothing but good vibes. I believe in the Universe and how like attracts like. The million dollar question is... What happens next? 

  I envision myself in Long Island, New York with my mother. Living without a mom for the past 4 years has challenged me to take on the role of the woman of the house. It's not simple. I don't have to Skype my mom anymore and take snapshots of her just because I miss her. 


  Previously, my mom settled down in Queens, NY. I must say the hustle and bustle of the city was unfathomable. You watch these things on TV and to step foot on the concrete jungle (where dreams are made of) you feel like you're the star of your own movie. It's surreal. 

  I'll be transitioning from the city to a more countryside space. I see myself doing a whole lot of outdoor activities like kayaking, fishing and etc.
                                                                                                                                
  Education wise, I think I'll be in Long Island doing my Pre U/entrance exam. However, when it's time to be a big girl, a college girl, I want to take on the Big Apple. I've always dreamed of studying in Columbia University. I am willing to work my ass off to get in. There was a point where I wanted to go to UCLA so badly but I doubt my mom would let me go all the way to L.A. alone. I'm going to make tonnes of friends and not miss Coachella 2015 of course! 

  I'll be working while studying. I might babysit or walk dogs or work in a country club. I'll be turning 19 soon. I don't know how to feel about that. 19 is an odd number. It feels odd. I'd like to rent a place in Queens and make subway trips to the city.



  I do hope that I can visit home on August. I feel that my farewells here would be real abrupt and that I have to compensate for. I'll be heading to Singapore then Malaysia. Why Singapore? To meet my boyfriend for the very first time (IF I don't get the chance to do it now). It sucks to be in a position where we have to meet in the middle but thank the Heavens for an understanding man. He is the reason why I am sane. 


  I know I have plotted this in such a way that nothing can go wrong but that's the adventure to it. There's 356 days on the calendar and I don't know what are the speed bumps or road blocks I am going to come across along the way. I mean, Indiana Jones didn't get his name without going through booby traps in sacred temples. I'm ready to embark on this adventure. New life, New York.

Cheers to the New Year,
Thilamisu 

Comments

Popular Posts