The 3 Faces.

  The Japanese say you have three faces. The first face, you show to the world. The second face, you show to your close friends, and your family. The third face, you never show to anyone. It's the truest reflection of who you are. 

  I've got this jumbled up.

  




  I believe in this terminology. It does not necessarily mean we are two-faced or even three-faced. There's only so much we can show the world of what we came to be. 

  The face we show the world is undeniably the best form we could be. The one that's always happy and smiling and joyful and gay. The face we show the world is the impression we leave upon. 

  The face we show our close friends and family is more vulnerable. This is the one that would shed a tear and display weakness. This face appears to those the heart approves.

  The final face is the one that only you have laid eyes on. No matter how convinced you are that someone knows you like the back of your hand, you know yourself best.

  I like to believe that I haven't fully mastered the art of switching faces. I am not able to go against my emotions. That's the thing with emotions, it demands to be felt. It's both a blessing and a curse. 

 On a personal note, I prefer being alone, I choose to feel indifferent, emotionless. I see myself as a nonchalant person.

  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a sadist or melancholic. I just prefer to not feel anything. No joy, no grief. There is nothing wrong with me. This is just the true reflection of who I am.


Signing off,
Thilamisu

Comments

Popular Posts