Life's a Beach

  I see life on a 50-50 scale. There is always a balance. The yin and yang is untampered with. 

  I struggled with deep depression some time ago. Back then, back home nobody gave much attention to mental health. You just had to suck it up and relax and breathe because you are stressed. Quoting and unquoting my doctor. The last thing a mentally ill person would want is someone who's well-versed in the medical field telling them to not be a pussy, indirectly. 

  Papa's remedy was to always bring me to the pantai. He promised it would help me relax. From living in Klang town, the nearest was Port Klang. I used to go to this place called Pantai Remis. 

note: I am blogging halfway and I have no freaking idea how to transition to my main point. 

  I am currently getting used to the beach life. I am not a beach bum. People here volunteer to get a tan under the sun. My complexion is sun kissed enough thanks to my Filipina blood. 

Same view just on the other side of the planet

  Recently I went over to Montauk which is all the way to the end of Long Island. There were these terrace beach houses, nothing too over-the-top, a very humble abode overlooking the pantai. You have no idea how nostalgic that was to me. I'm more of a nature over beach kinda girl but I fell in love. The sun set, the balcony over-looking the beautiful scenery. I made a promise to myself. Someday, I'll get a beach house. I'm adding that to my vision board. Although my boyfriend doesn't like getting his feet in the sand, remind me to buy him a pair of yellow Phua Chu Kang boots. 

  A girl can dream but a woman can make it come true. 

thilamisu

Comments

Popular Posts