Pumpkin Picking ft. Apples

  Fall is in the air! From pumpkin scented candles (ew!) to pumpkin spiced lattes. It's still green here in Long Island. I can't wait to see shades of brown, gold and red. I haven't been giving Long Island much credit for the greenery, clear skies and country feel. I think experiencing all four seasons over here is mind blowing. You get to see all the seasons flourish to its maximum state.

  • Winter - Harsh snowstorms 
  • Springs - Attack of the dandelions and allergies
  • Summer - The heat wave and sun burns 
  • Fall - I'm about to find out

  Today, Sunday, fun day the family and I went to Milk Pail Apple & Pumpkin Orchard. I must say, pumpkins get me so bloody excited. In Malaysia, the only pumpkins you saw were on a plate, as a dish. That would explain my excitement. I have NEVER seen pumpkins enlarge into a gigantic beast. I wouldn't be surprised if someone won biggest pumpkin, big enough for you to live in! That reminds me of Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach story, I loved the animated movie. 


  Truth be told, there were more apples than pumpkins where I was. The only catch for entering Milk Pail is that you have to get a bag (for apple picking) at a price of $45 bucks. To an Asian family, that IS pricey. Mama said what the hey, $45 dollars for the experience! We could pluck and eat apples as we liked. There were numerous apples on the ground, bitten and thrown. This even would have to be stored in my memory box forever because I don't see apple grow on trees back home. I have always seen them displayed on cardboard trays in Jusco, wrapped with those polystyrene nets that I used as bangles when I was younger. 

  To witness it grown from a tree and plucked from a tree is beautiful. Mama has an apple tree of her own too and yes, it has apples! I know and apple a day keeps the doctor away but an apple everyday makes me sick. 
having my Snow White moment 
I had to selfie my way into a bush to prove a point.

I wanted to pluck an apple that was blood red because I was getting sick of green apples. I can even taste the apples as I type this out. 

Mama dearest, she looks like an apple too!
The forbidden fruit
  Moving on to my favorite part of this blog, the PUMPKINS. Okay so I googled whether pumpkins are a fruit or vegetable and apparently, they are a fruit, a berry even! It sure don't taste like a berry. I just adore these big round orange things. They're such a happy vegetable (I feel comfortable calling it a vegetable) and they can grow so big that I think they're mutant pumpkins. Halloween is coming up at the end of the month and I can't wait to see people carve their pumpkin. Hopefully carve a pumpkin of my own too! 

Okay enough talk...

These are some of the pics I bothered editing  
I pooped a pumpkin 
This shot would've been better without my feet 
Don't be surprised if you find out that these pumpkins can actually weigh more than me 
Beyond the farm...
My little 'pumpling' in the middle 
  A little blooper for you guys. As you all know, I can't always be so picture perfect. My brother reminded me how unphotogenic I can be. In my defense, it's just hard to take real good pictures or make real good poses. 

At this moment, I knew I fucked up
Riding on my pumpkin mobile

thilamisu

Comments

Popular Posts